http://tidd.ly/a14c2ab9 Secret Outlet page at SimplyBe
Rare Opuntia humifusa, native of northern North America, capable of surviving below -30 Celcius and being covered in snow, is in bloom in my backyard. Didn't end up making another video about these because they closed later that day. Basically the fully open flower looks like these in the video but less twists and turns in the petals. This is what the flower looks like about 3 hours after it hit the peak openness. Maybe I will get fruit and seeds this year. The flowers are explosively yellow, even more so in real life than in this video. Since we are in a record breaking drought this year in southern Ontario, I've had to water these cactus to get them to flower. If I let them go without rain they would simply be in survival mode, so I force them to grow with extra water (still not much compared to other plants, maybe a few litres a week at most).
Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu