luni, 14 noiembrie 2016

My Dad's Dell Inspiron 11z - Celeron 743 M ULV 1.3ghz. 3 years later. Can't upgrade CPU.

http://tinyurl.com/hnv6v69 Secret 90%off at Dailysteals
Here is my dad's Dell Inspiron 11z. I'll be borrowing it since he's upgraded to the Lenovo A2109 tablet. The dell was too heavy and big for him while travelling. The netbook + adapter was roughly 4+ lbs. Whereas the lenovo 9" tablet will be half the weight at less than 2lb's. When I took the laptop, the battery was completely dead. After a 20 min recharge, the laptop powered on from sleep. It's now march 2013, and the laptop has been in sleep since april 2012 (almost a year). Luckily the battery still seems good. I believe the netbook was purchased about 3 years ago... January 2010. It came with Vista Home basic with 2gb of ddr2 ram. Looking at the laptop, it looks like it will be a pain to maintain. The bottom of the netbook has no compartments for either RAM or Hard Drive access. That probably means ram is accessible from keyboard... and hard drive probably requires disassembly. The netbook was well kept and looks almost new. My question though? Is the CPU upgradeable? UPDATE: To answer my own question. CPU is not upgradeable. Like most netbooks, the CPU is soldered on. DOH!!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu